George King brought us a photo of a church in Mattawamkeag. The building was built around 1900, and was torn down a few years ago to make way for new construction at the Mattawamkeag Church of God. All that remains from the old church is the bell. George built a display for the bell, which can be seen in the inset photo.

On September 2, 1990, the steeple of the First Congregational Church in Lincoln was struck by lightning. This photo taken by Alfred Davis shows the damage caused by the strike.

The closeup picture on the left was taken by Connie Rand. The photo on the right by Alfred Davis shows his crane working to remove the charred steeple on September 13, 1990. The steeple was repaired and was replaced during October 1990. Below are two photos taken when the steeple was being put back in place.

Left: The Congregational church with its original steeple, complete with weathervane. Right: The Catholic church on Main St.

The interior of the Congregational church, year unknown.

At some point, the Congregational Church building was turned around. The front door originally faced away from School Street as shown in this photo.

This photo also shows the Congregational Church before it was turned. The picture must have been taken after the one above it, as there has been a small house added. The original Mattanawcook Academy can be seen in the background.

Lincoln's Methodist Church in May of 1929.

The interior of the Methodist Church

The Lincoln Center Baptist Church, with a Ford Model T parked in the driveway. This is the oldest church building in the Lincoln area, built in the 1840s.

Another view of the Lincoln Center Baptist Church.

This 1948 photo shows the Lincoln Center Church of God. The church was started by Leslie Ayers in the 1920s. The building was once a school.

James T. Murray, pastor of the Lincoln Center Church of God during the 40s, and his wife Lillian.

This photo was taken in the Lincoln Center Church of God in the 1940s.

The photos above were taken in 1948 at a Sunday School rally at the Lincoln Center Church of God.

Brother and Sister Grindell shown at the Full Gospel Tabernacle on Fleming St. Brother Grindell was the church's first pastor.

The Lee Baptist Church, year unknown, from a postcard published by Miss Celia Chapman of Lee. Celia owned a store at the corner of the Lee Road and the East Winn Road until the 1930s when the store burned. Celia died in the fire. The card was sent to Mrs. Anna Currie Crocker of Lee, who died in 1921, so the photo was taken sometime before then.

A sign warning folks not to start a forest fire!